Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Sea Tea

Hello Everyone,


As summer slowly comes to a close and the kids march back to school, the ocean waves and cool breeze of vacation can seem like a distant dream and a faded memory. So why not let those long sunny days at the beach be an inspiration for afternoon dinner and tea at home. Bring those favored moments to your table by using items you have collected at the beach.  Your table scape can be a wonderful collection of anything ocean themed such as sea shells, sailboats, star fish, jars filled with sand or sea grass as a bouquet.  The ideas can be endless and beautiful which will bring the feel of leisure and vacation to your table.  There is nothing that screams the ocean like the color blue.  I simply threw a white tablecloth over a table for elegance and contrast and used anything beachy and blue that I could find.  I was able to gather up some blue dishes, place mats, my favorite blue tea set, a sail boat, and some star fish. Finally, I was able to use a dish towel I had found on clearance at TJ Maxx that had a wonderful picture of a blue crab on it as part of my centerpiece.  With all of those items placed together it made a perfect touch for an inviting afternoon delight by the sea.  I hope this has inspired you to draw from your own memories of spending your cherished time on the beach home with you. 







God Bless,

Trina Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment