Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Birthday Lobster Bake

Hello friends,


This year for my birthday I decided I wanted to have a New England Style Lobster Bake. I was inspired by Kiel James Patrick's instagram. He is one of my favorite jewelry designers and travels up and down the New England coast taking gorgeous nautical photos. We strayed from the typical New England beach bonfire and had a backyard cookout.





We steamed potatoes, corn, crab legs, and lobster in a clean stainless steel trashcan. To accomplish this, we heated large rocks up in the trashcan for about 20 minutes (we filled up the bottom 10 inches of the trashcan). Then added water to just the top of the rocks and let it heat up for 20 minutes. We then added potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil and let them steam for 30 minutes. Afterwards, we added corn still in its shucks for 20 minutes. Finally, the lobster and crab legs were added for 25 minutes. Then it was time to feast!








The menu also included grilled chicken and hotdogs for children. In addition we had hot butter to dip the seafood in, Red Lobster biscuits, cupcakes, and brownies topped with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and cherries. For drinks there was lemonade, tea, water, and pop.




One of my all time favorite games to play is croquet. Ever since I was a kid I have enjoyed the game. To me, it is a fun leisurely game that everyone can play and does not require a lot of explanation. So after the feast, we had croquet set up to play.




All in all, the food was amazing and the party was a success! If you are interested in steaming crab legs and lobster yourself, I suggest watching this YouTube video (we modeled our lobster bake off of this tutorial). It was super easy to cook and everyone loved the food!

Until next time,

Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment