Saturday, March 12, 2016

Easy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies | How to

Hello Friends!


Lately I have been craving mint chocolate chip flavored things. I most likely owe my craving to the coming holiday, St. Patrick's Day. While Steak N' Shake's Mint Oreo Milkshake and Dairy Queen's Shamrock Blizzard have been supplying my need, I decided to try an at home recipe. I wanted to do something that was super kid friendly and simple. The result was 6 ingredients and only 3 steps - hope that is easy enough!



Recipe:
           Ingredients
          - 1 mix of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies
          - 1 stick of softened butter
          - 1 cup of dark chocolate morsels (or more if you're a chocolate lover;)
          - 1 egg
          - food coloring
          - 1 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract
 
         Directions
          - Mix together all ingredients. We added a lot of green gel food coloring and a little bit of yellow gel food coloring to make the cookies a lime green rather than a forest green.
          - Form dough into spoon-sized balls spaced evenly apart (our recipe made 18 cookies).
          - Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
 
          Additional Comments
          - If you're unsure on the peppermint flavoring, start with 1/2 teaspoon.
 
My brother and I also filmed a baking tutorial. He was HILARIOUS as a French chef, check it out!
 
 

Happy Baking,

Tillly

2 comments: