Friday, May 8, 2015

Mint Chocolate Cupcakes

Hello friends,


I decided to bake my mother something this year for Mother's Day. Her favorite flavor is mint chocolate, so I decided to try Mint Chocolate Cupcakes. They ended up being a huge success and I will definitely be repeating this recipe in the future. In fact, mom has already requested I make them again next week! The recipe is below, enjoy :)


 

 
 
 

Recipe:

 
          Ingredients
          - 1 box of German chocolate cake mix
          - 2 cups of powdered sugar 
          - 1 package of cream cheese (room temperature)
          - 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
          - 1 teaspoon of vanilla 
          - 1/2 a cup of mint chocolate 
          - Extra mint chocolate for topping
 
         Directions
          - Bake cake as directed on the box (I ended up baking mine for 20 minutes and they were perfect!).
          - While cupcakes are in the oven, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until blended.
          - Melt the mint chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted (I used the Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips brand and microwaved a total of 90 seconds).
          - Mix in the melted chocolate to the cream cheese-butter mix.
          - Start mixing in the powdered sugar about a 1/2 a cup at a time. I wanted my icing to be thick so I stopped adding powdered sugar after 2 cups, however you can add as much powdered sugar as you like.
          - When the cupcakes are done, let them cool for about 20 minutes. Then put your icing on them. To finish, add more mint chocolate baking chips to garnish the tops.
 
          Additional Comments
          - This recipe makes about 30 cupcakes depending on how much batter you use per cupcake (I filled the cupcake pan about 2/3 of the way).
          - Since they have cream cheese icing, they should be stored in a refrigerated area. This will cause the icing to become firm and cool.
 
Thanks for reading! Tune in Sunday for a Mother's Day post!

Talk soon,

Tilly



No comments:

Post a Comment